Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Research of Magazine Advertisement

Last week, sir gave us three magazine advertisements to analyse in detail to get any kind of ideas for our own advertisement when we come to creating it.

I had two thoughts when I looked at them;

1) Did they appeal to me?
2)If so, how? If not, why not?















































There's a similar pattern with all three advertisments; which are that overall they are very simple with colour (especially with their background colours) however they have one stand out complex design which must have some significance to their music. It's appealing because it's different however I wouldn't say it's eye catching because of it's simple colouring.

I like how they are all colour coordinated however and have one huge text of their band which will make people automatically look to see what it is about however the rest of the text if fairly small, especially Massive Attack, and therefore off putting and perhaps difficult to read.

Overall, I do not believe any of the advertisements appeal to me because of it's lack of colour, the size of the detailed text and complex graphics that have little meaning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment